6-month Fixed Term Contract, Maternity leave cover
Salary: £21,231 pro rata
Abortion Rights is the national pro-choice campaign. We are campaigning to defend and extend women’s rights and access to safe, legal abortion. We believe abortion law should be brought into line with public opinion – so that women can make their own reproductive decisions without the current unfair legal barriers, obstructions and delays.
About the role
We are seeking a Media and Campaigns Officer – This role would be ideal for an individual with experience in press and media handling who enjoys working on a high-profile issue and is seeking to become more actively involved in campaigning.
- Assist in the smooth running of the office including responding to incoming media enquiries, drafting and issuing media comments and compiling media lists.
- Drafting press releases and articles – writing social media content
- Pitching to the media
- Monitoring media coverage – Oversee our media monitoring and its timely dissemination to staff, stakeholders and supporters.
- Compile media coverage reports
- Assisting with campaign planning – developing and rolling out campaign activities.
- Support the EC by producing and delivering media strategies for the campaign
- Help to develop new and innovative campaign tactics and messages to engage the public and our supporters.
- Support in the delivery of campaign and media projects from conception through to completion, liaising with partners, stakeholders, supporters, and suppliers.
- Plan and deliver events – work with the Membership Manager to help plan and execute outreach events and other opportunities to promote membership and maximise fundraising.
- Commitment to Abortion Rights vision and mission
- Relevant background in either not-for-profit or commercial sectors
- Excellent organisational, admin and time management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of working in a media and/or campaigns role, whether paid or unpaid.
- Demonstrable creative skills and ability to develop new ideas.
- Good organisational skills and experience of working flexibly and nimbly to focus on a variety of tasks.
- Past examples of being able to work with minimal direction and with own initiative.
- Computer literate, including Excel and basic web packages
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive attitude
- does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status,
How to Apply
Closing Date: 18 August 2019
Interview Date: 21 August 2019
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and a cover letter highlighting your ability to meet the requirements of the job to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require further information prior to application, please email Alisa Berry-Ryan on the above email address.