9-month Fixed Term Contract, Maternity leave cover
Hours: 14 Hours/week
Salary: £21,231 pro rata
Abortion Rights is the national pro-choice campaign. We are campaigning to defend and extend women’s rights and access to safe, legal abortion. We believe abortion law should be brought into line with public opinion – so that women can make their own reproductive decisions without the current unfair legal barriers, obstructions and delays.
About the role
We are seeking a Membership Manager who will transform and lead and the entire membership experience to deliver new membership, retention and membership targets.
The ideal candidate will have experience of analysising supporter data to support the development and execution of integrated digital campaigns; including activities to retain existing donors and supporters, acquire new fundraisers, recruit new volunteers and maximise the opportunity to improve engagement across our whole supporter base.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of designing and running campaigns which use membership data and engage volunteers to recruit and retain our members, supporters and donors. You will have the experience and creativity to apply for funding bids, acquire new fundraisers and maximise engagement across our pro-choice supporter base.
- Lead and transform the entire membership journey
- To oversee the preparation and delivery of an on-target income and expenditure budget relating to ourMembership
- Develop schedule of communications for renewals and new members acquisition
- To proactively identify trends, using this information to develop an understanding of our members, Affiliate members, and donors and improve their interaction our campaign, and to provide new opportunities to increase membership take-up/retention
- Manage mailings to grow membership
- To continuously review membership queries across all platforms (eg. email, Facebook, Twitter) ensuring that member feedback and insight is captured, considered and used as appropriate.
- Work with the media and Campaigns Officer to help plan and execute outreach events and other opportunities to promote membership.
- Proactively identify trends to develop an understanding of our members/customers and their interaction our services, and to act on this intelligence to provide new opportunities to increase membership take-up/retention
- Monitor membership acquisition and retention activity and report as appropriate
- To add insight and relevance to any communications to members
- To maintain the 6 weekly membership reports -prepare budget analysis and forecasting for the Executive Committee.
- Commitment to Abortion Rights vision and mission
- Relevant background in either not-for-profit or commercial sectors
- Excellent organisational and admin skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of dealing with third party relationships or working in partnership with others.
- Experience of Salesforce or a similar CRM system
- Good organisation and administration skills
- Computer literate, including Excel and basic web packages
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive attitude
- Abortion Rights does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 14 August 2019
Interview Date: 21 August 2019
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV and a cover letter highlighting your ability to meet the requirements of the job to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require further information prior to application, please email Alisa Berry-Ryan on the above email address.