Terms and conditions for the Pro-choice Draw
1. The Name of the Society is Abortion Rights.
2. The current person responsible is Janet Mearns, Abortion Rights, 18 Ashwin Street. London E8 3DL.
3. Participation in the ‘Pro-choice Draw’ costs £1 per entry per month, which equates to £3 per quarter or £12 per annum.
4. The draw is made on the 2nd Wednesday of each calendar month.
5. A six digit number will be allocated by the promoter to each entry.
6. The six digit number allocated to an entry will remain the same for the period of a player’s participation in the Pro-choice Draw.
7. There are no restrictions to the number of entries one person can make.
8. Players must be aged 16 or over to participate in the Pro-choice Draw.
9. 33% of the profits of the Pro-choice Draw will be paid out in prize money (prize fund).
10. 67% of the profits of the Pro-choice Draw will go to Abortion Rights.
11. Participants may be contacted by Abortion Rights for other campaigning purposes.
12. Abortion Rights will confirm proof of receipt of entry by letter. If confirmation has not been received within 28 days of posting please contact Abortion Rights at the address below, by telephone on 020 7923 9792, or by email at email@example.com.
13. Payment for participation in the Pro-choice Draw can be made by direct debit through banks and building societies which operate in Great Britain or by standing order or cheque paid one month in advance.
14. Your Pro-choice Draw numbers will be entered into the draw within 1 month of your payment being cleared.
15. Where a player intends to pay for a subscription by direct debit, the player must hold a bank account or building society account from mainland Great Britain out of which payment for the subscription shall be made, (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Island accounts).
16. Players can apply to pay by subscription by:
● completing the necessary details on the relevant application form and submitting such form, with the required payment or payment authority, to Abortion Rights at the designated address; or
● completing the necessary details on the relevant application form and submitting such form, with the required payment or payment authority on site at: Abortion Rights, 18 Ashwin Street, London, E8 3DL
● Cancellation of a standing order is a player’s responsibility and any monies paid in advance are not refundable. We would be grateful if you would notify Abortion Rights in writing of your intention to withdraw from this scheme.
17. Where a player intends to pay and pays for a subscription by debit card, the debit card details must be those of an account from mainland Great Britain in respect of which the player is an authorised user, (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Island accounts).
18. The card referred to in 10 and 14 above must not be nor have been reported as lost or stolen.
19. A subscription for a rolling term shall continue until terminated by the player, by giving of at least 4 weeks’ notice in writing of a player’s intention to withdraw from this scheme.
20. The player will be required to supply certain information to Abortion Rights during the subscription application process which will assist Abortion Rights (i) in determining whether or not the player meets the criteria set out above and (ii) to verify the player’s eligibility to play the Pro-choice Draw. This information will include but will not be limited to the player’s name, address details, telephone numbers, date of birth, email address and payment details. Abortion Rights reserves the right to request an authentication agency to verify such information relating to the player. If Abortion Rights is not satisfied that the information provided (i) is adequate and/or (ii) has been verified by Abortion Rights or any authentication agency, then Abortion Rights may refuse an application for a subscription in its absolute discretion.
21. A player’s number selection(s) contained in a subscription will not be entered into a draw and the player shall not be entitled to any Prize for that draw in respect of such selection(s) where the player’s payment, as the case may be, has not been received by Abortion Rights at least 48 hours before the relevant draw.
22. A subscription or part thereof shall be void and shall not in any case entitle its holder to a prize if:
● Abortion Rights has not received the payment required by it for that subscription or the relevant part of the subscription by 48 hours before the date on which the subscription or the relevant part of the subscription would have, but for such non-payment, become a subscription or relevant part of the subscription containing numbers which match the winning numbers; or
● The subscription is to be paid for by direct debit or by debit card and the direct debit or debit card payment fails without Abortion Rights receiving by 48 hours before the date on which the subscription or relevant part of the subscription would have, but for such non-payment, become a subscription or relevant part of the subscription containing numbers which match the winning numbers, an amount (by another payment method) equivalent to the amount which Abortion Rights did not collect by reason of such failure.
23. Abortion Rights reserves the right to withhold payment of any prize or to cancel or suspend a player’s subscription if, prior to commencement of his subscription, the player did not meet the relevant criteria of 5, 10, 12 above.
24. A subscription shall commence on the date of the first draw recorded after the subscription confirmation.
25. Abortion Rights at its absolute discretion and without specifying any reason, may cancel a subscription or may partially cancel a subscription by removing one or more plays from the subscription, with effect from the next draw(s) of the Pro-choice Draw to which that subscription relates, and:
● in the event of a cancellation of a subscription as a whole Abortion Rights’ only liability to the player shall be to repay to the player any monies previously paid in respect of that subscription for any draw or draws of the Pro-choice Draw to which the subscription relates occurring after such cancellation and to pay to the player any unpaid prizes due to him/her in respect of draws prior to such cancellation; or
● in the event of a partial cancellation of a subscription, Abortion Rights’ only liability to the player shall be to repay to the player any monies previously paid which are attributable to the draw(s) of the game(s) which has/have been removed from the subscription but only in respect of the draw(s) occurring after such partial cancellation and to pay to the player any unpaid prizes due to him/her in respect of draws of the game(s) which has/have been removed from the subscription prior to such cancellation.
26. The promoter accepts no responsibility if a standing order or direct debit is cancelled in error.
27. No responsibility is taken for application forms lost, delayed or damaged in the post and proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
28. The Abortion Rights’ draw takes place on the first Wednesday of every calendar month. Six numbers will be drawn randomly. The first number drawn will be allocated the jackpot prize of up to £200, the next 5 numbers will win £10 each. Abortion Rights will, from time to time, vary this in accordance with point 9.
29. The Pro-choice Draw number supplied by Abortion Rights is not proof of entry into the draw, nor ownership of the draw numbers.
30. The result of each draw is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
31. Winners will be notified by post. Players are responsible for notifying Abortion Rights of any change of address. A cheque will be sent out within 28 working days of the draw to the name and address of the registered owner of each winning number and should be cashed within 180 days of issue.
32. A list of winners will appear on the Abortion Rights website at www.abortionrights.org.uk or is available by phoning Abortion Rights to have them emailed to you.
33. The promoter reserves the right to delay the draw if it falls on a public holiday or the registered office is closed. The draw will take place on the next Abortion Rights working day.
34. For a list of past winners send a SAE to the address below specifying which month’s results are desired.
35. Abortion Rights reserves the right to stop the Pro-choice Draw by giving one month’s written notice to all registered players.
36. Abortion Rights is registered with the London Borough of Hackney under the Lotteries and the Law (Gambling Act 2005). Official Promoter: Abortion Rights, 18 Ashwin Street, London, E8 3DL.
37. The Pro-choice Draw is open to all mainland Great Britain residents (this excludes Northern Ireland, Isle of Man and Channel Islands.